Phone: 317-578-1630 ext.28
Jennifer (Jen) Hammond focuses her practice in the areas of family law, guardianship, and estate planning and administration. She has also served as a volunteer Guardian Ad Litem. Jen went to law school later in life after raising her family. Prior to law school, she served as a legal secretary and family law paralegal. She also holds a BSW from Indiana University and worked as a child welfare social worker for several years. Advocating for families, especially for the child(ren)’s best interest, is what drives her. She is passionate about using the legal system to help families become stronger and healthier, in every stage of their lives.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Protective orders
- Same-sex Family Issues
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Ancillary documents, including powers of attorney, health care representative, HIPAA release and Living Wills.
- State of Indiana
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Juris Doctorate
- Indiana University School of Social Work, Indianapolis, BSW and Certificate in Case Management
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indiana Bar Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Kids’ Voice of Indiana, volunteer Guardian Ad Litem
- Hamilton County, IN volunteer Guardian Ad Litem
- Satellite Attorney Project, Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence, volunteer attorney
In her free time, Jen loves to spend time with her two children, husband, and two dogs. She is very passionate about forest bathing, or even just going for walks outdoors. She is also a voracious reader and strives every night to read as many pages as her tired brain will allow.