Kathleen S. Crebo
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Phone: (317) 296-8335
Fax: (866) 626-4914
Kathleen Crebo focuses her practice on real estate law, including eminent domain defense, and business law.
In her eminent domain practice, Kate helps landowners who are facing the prospect of the government or a public utility taking their land for a public use. Kate is passionate about understanding her clients’ needs and counseling them through the often-confusing eminent domain process.
Kate has represented farmers, business owners, and residential landowners for fair compensation in over two hundred mediations for condemnation matters and has litigated on behalf of landowners in state court. Additionally, Kate has successfully represented landowners in negotiations with federally-funded pipelines in Atlantic Coast states.
Kate is licensed to practice law in Indiana and Washington, D.C.
In addition to her legal practice, Kate turns her attention to her faith, fitness, and her two beloved beagles. If she is not in the office, Kate is at church, at the gym, at home reading, or walking her dogs on one of the paths near her home in Hamilton County.
Areas of Practice
- Eminent Domain
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- State of Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 2012
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, IN
Juris Doctor, May 2011
Editor-in-Chief, Indiana International and Comparative Law Review
Order of the Barristers, Honorable Robert H. Staton Intramural Moot Court Competition
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
B.A. History/Communication, with honors, 1996
Phi Beta Kappa (academic honor society), 1997
Denmark’s International Study Program, 1994 – 95
- Richmond College, London, England, 1996
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Sever Storey, LLP, Attorney, Carmel, IN, 2015 – 2018
- Foundation to Support Animal Protection (The PETA Foundation), Corporate Counsel, Washington D.C., 2012 – 2015
- Institute for Justice, Law Clerk, Arlington, VA, 2012
- Indiana Court of Appeals, Judge Melissa S. May, Judicial Extern, Indianapolis, IN, 2010
- Kappa Alpha Theta, Purdue University, 1993
- Phi Alpha Theta (history honor society), Purdue University, 1995