Kathleen S. Crebo
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Phone: (317) 296-8335
Kathleen Crebo focuses her practice on real estate law, including eminent domain defense, and business law.
Kate’s real estate practice includes helping her clients with real estate transfer documents, quiet title actions, foreclosure actions, and zoning and variance petitions. Kate assists landlords in landlord-tenant matters and represents her clients in litigation when necessary.
In her eminent domain practice, Kate helps landowners who are facing the prospect of the government or a public utility taking their land for a public use. Kate is passionate about understanding her clients' needs and counseling them through the often-confusing eminent domain process.
Kate has represented farmers, business owners, and residential landowners for fair compensation in over two hundred mediations for condemnation matters and litigates on behalf of landowners in state court.
Kate is licensed to practice law in Indiana and Washington, D.C.
Areas of Practice
- Eminent Domain
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- State of Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 2012
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, IN
Juris Doctor, May 2011
Editor-in-Chief, Indiana International and Comparative Law Review
Order of the Barristers, Honorable Robert H. Staton Intramural Moot Court Competition
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
B.A. History/Communication, with honors, 1996
Phi Beta Kappa (academic honor society), 1997
Denmark's International Study Program, 1994 - 95
- Richmond College, London, England, 1996
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Sever Storey, LLP, Attorney, Carmel, IN, 2015 - 2018
- Foundation to Support Animal Protection (The PETA Foundation), Corporate Counsel, Washington D.C., 2012 - 2015
- Institute for Justice, Law Clerk, Arlington, VA, 2012
- Indiana Court of Appeals, Judge Melissa S. May, Judicial Extern, Indianapolis, IN, 2010
- Kappa Alpha Theta, Purdue University, 1993
- Phi Alpha Theta (history honor society), Purdue University, 1995