Indianapolis business lawyer representing entrepreneurs who are ready to move to the next level
Forming a new business in Indiana can be a very exciting, rewarding process. The legal aspects associated with incorporating a business can also be extremely detailed, complicated and often confusing. With so much at stake, it's important to have someone working with you who is well-versed in the myriad laws and regulations governing the startup of businesses.
You can rely on our experienced Indianapolis business law attorneys at Hocker Law, LLC. Attorney Janet Davis Hocker has experience successfully resolving business legal issues for clients. We are eager to help you start and grow your business.
Don't wait until the end of your business formation process to contact us. We will help you make smart business decisions that could benefit your company for many years to come. We offer a free consultation to all potential clients. Call (317) 578-1630 to schedule an appointment.
What are common types of business structures?
One of the first steps involves deciding how you want to incorporate your business. Some of the most common options include:
- Corporation - Business which is separate and independent of the people who founded the company. As a result, the business founders and owners cannot be held personally liable for any debts incurred by the corporation.
- Sole proprietorship - One-person business not registered with the state.
- Partnership - Business owned by two or more people not registered with the state.
- Limited partnership - Businesses often created by one person who solicits money from investors.
- Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) - Similar to business partnerships, except the person who establishes an LLC is not personally liable and cannot be personally sued by investors.
- Non-profit organization - Organizations generally not subject to state and federal taxes due to their charitable work.
We can help you decide which business structure works best for your business venture. Once you decide, we will then work with you and help you form your unique businesses.
Legal issues to be considered when forming a business
The following are some of the key elements that must be considered when forming a business:
- Business licenses
- Tax implications
- Accounting system
- Zoning regulations
We will help you with all of these issues and many more. We know what forms need to be filled out. We know what state and federal agencies to consult with if you need more information. Rely on us to help you achieve your goals.
Why choose Indiana law firm Hocker Law, LLC?
There's no room for error when it comes to creating a new business. The slightest mistake on important documents can delay the formation of your business. With so much often riding on the future of your business, you can't afford to make costly errors.
We can help you fill out the proper forms. But more than that, we want to meet with you and learn more about your business philosophy. That way, we can help you decide which business structure makes the most sense in order to help your business achieve its goals.